3 Ways to Style a Mini Skirt
Spring means showing off some skin, and what better way than rocking a killer mini skirt? Invest in this sassy silhouette to take your look from day to night, and everything in between. Check out how we’re stretching the versatility of this A-line mini.
Summer is just around the corner and we know you've been itching to show off those legs. Time to break out the razors and self-tanners, and slip into a mini skirt this season. Mini skirts come in all shapes and styles, but we're especially loving this A-line silhouette by Parker. It's a super versatile and flattering style on all body types—it can fake curves and accentuates the waist, which is typically the smallest part of your body. Look for a mini skirt with a thin waistband for ideal body proportion play. Bright colors and bold patterns give the classic cut an update. No matter where your day (or night) takes you, you'll be thankful to have this style chameleon in your closet.
Girls' Night Out
An A-line skirt can be flirty and fun for a girls' night out. Balance the fullness on bottom with a crop top—just make sure the skirt hits right above your bellybutton to best flatter your figure. A leather jacket adds some cover and should ideally hit at the hip to offset the cropped top and elongate the torso. Don't be afraid to play with patterns and colors when going out with the girls—think bright colors, like cobalt and coral, and bold prints. Grab your evening-out essentials and throw them into a no-fuss clutch. Strappy sandals, like tall gladiators, give a full skirt an edge to finish off the look.
Day at the Desk
Mini skirts can work at the office, as long as you know your optimal length and keep the top simple and covered. You'll know your mini skirt is work-appropriate if you can sit and the skirt still covers the same amount of skin. You can still rock a bold skirt at the office, just be sure to offset it with neutral colors on top, like a gray, black or camel-color sweater, and layer a collared top underneath. Simple shoes, like nude heels, dress it up and show off those legs while keeping the look office-friendly (we recommend keeping the heel under 3 inches). Throw on a blazer that hits about three-quarters of the length of the skirt for extra coverage and grab a carryall bag. You're sure to be the style star of the month.
Take the same mini skirt for a spin on a casual day. Cheeky graphic tees are big this season. Find one that suits your personality and tuck it into your A-line skirt for a fun, everyday look. Keep the shirt on the more fitted side to avoid ballooning your shape and top with a cropped vest—we're loving denim—to add some dimension to the look. A cross-body bag is perfect for carrying your daytime necessities while keeping your hands free. And the final component to a cute and comfy daytime look? A sweet pair of kicks. From bright and colorful to classic canvas, sneakers are huge this season and will keep you comfy all day long.
Here are a few more tips to rock your A-line mini.
- Elongate your legs with a pair of nude pointy toe pumps.
- Keep makeup and hair more natural to achieve a casual, less done-up look, especially when pairing a mini with heels.
- Save the tight tops for fuller skirts and instead opt for a loose shirt when wearing a tight mini
- Different lengths are appropriate for different occasions—a shorter hem is acceptable for going out, but if you plan to sit down, opt for a bit more length.
- Wear a mini into the colder months by adding tights or leggings and a pair of tall boots.
- Minis come in all shapes, colors and sizes. Find one that best fits your style and body type. A skirt with more flow adds some femininity to straighter body types, while an A-line skirt accentuates the waist and elongates the legs for curvier women. Women with long legs should pay extra attention to length and proportions.
- Confidence is key when rocking a mini skirt—if you feel good, you'll look good too.