During a recent Pinterest binge, I came across BaubleBar's collection of zodiac constellation pendants. They allow you to create a custom constellation necklace to match your astrological sign and personality. While I didn't have any acrylic pieces, I did have some leftover brass pendants from a previous project that will have a similar effect. But you can create these designs on whatever pendant speaks to you! For a shorter 16-inch chain, try a smaller pendant. I plan to wear mine on a long chain so I can easily layer it with other delicate accessories.
Materials: a brass disk, Sharpie marker, metal hole-punch pliers, a lobster clasp, 32" gold chain, 4 jump rings, jewelry pliers
1. Replicate your astrological sign on the brass disk using a Sharpie. If you need a guide, click through the BaubleBar options. This will be the template you use to punch out the holes.
2. Holding the brass disk tightly—you may need to use two hands—punch out the design you created in Step 1 using the metal hole-punch pliers. (I only have a hole punch in one size, but I went over my design again with the punch to enlarge the dots.)
3. Attach the lobster clasp to the gold chain with a jump ring by opening the ring with jewelry pliers, slipping the ends of the gold chain and clasp through the ring, and closing.
4. Attach a second jump ring to the pendant through the hole in the metal disk. Hook a third jump ring through the second ring, and close. Thread the gold chain through the third ring.
5. Secure the necklace by adding the fourth jump ring to the opposite end of the chain with jewelry pliers.
For more DIY fashion and accessory ideas from Samantha, go to The Brunette One.