If you love florals, you'll adore this charming rose purse. It's the epitome of a sweet feminine accessory that makes a major statement. After all, how can you not adore roses? They're a classic symbol of all things beautiful romantic. And thanks to this easy DIY project, you can show off your appreciation for these gorgeous blooms.
This DIY project is surprisingly easy to make. Promise. All you need is a few inexpensive materials and an old (or new) purse. After a couple clever snips, you'll be left with a darling accessory. Try pairing it with a little black dress for the ultimate date-worthy outfit. It will really pop against solid colors, too. And while it's perfect for Valentine's Day, don't feel limited to using it on this holiday. Throw it on whenever your ensemble needs a cheery face lift. Here's how to make it yourself!
- Round purse or clutch
- Red velvet
- Hot glue gun or strong craft glue
1. Cut the red velvet into squares measuring roughly 4 x 4". You can make them bigger or smaller depending on the size of your bag. The total number of squares will also be determined by purse's size. Next, trim the top of each square into a wavy edge. Don't think too hard about this part! No two petals are exactly the same, after all.
2. Trim each bottom corner into a curved edge. It should kind of look like a heart.
3. Glue a border of petals around the perimeter of the purse. Layer them on top of each other, just like real petals. It's a good idea to place them on the bag before actually gluing them down. This will give you a chance to determine the placement and position of each petal.
4. Glue another layered circle of petals. Repeat until you have just a small space left in the center. Again, the number of layers will depend on the size of your purse. This one only needed two layers.
5. For the center and final layer, cut a few smaller petals. Add a dot of glue along the middle and make a little fold. This will create depth and dimension for the center of the rose.
6. Add the folded petals. If you'd like, glue flat back rhinestones or pearls.