Basic black ballet flats are a great year-round go-to. You can wear the style while it’s still warm with summer dresses, in early fall with a jean jacket and skirt, and well into the fall with your best jeans. Here are two easy-to-pull-off looks, one for this season, and one for the next.
A Look for Now:
Wear your flats with a black dress, blouse, or skirt. If you don’t want to look like you’re going to a funeral, try these tips:
1. If you go with a black skirt or close-fitting slip dress, contrast your otherwise dark outfit with a relaxed-fit button tee in a lighter shade.
2. If you’ve chosen a black skirt, look for one that is puffy—this style is on-trend for fall, and versatile enough to be both office and nightclub appropriate.
3. Don’t forget your summer shades. The right sunglasses can add style and functionality as you pound the summer pavement during the day.
1. Button-down oxfords are big for fall. If you combine them with ballet flats, you’ll get a trendsetting mix of girly glam and menswear chic.
2. A medium-wash jean is great for black flats because the color isn’t too dark. The best fitting jeans tend to have a bit of Spandex built in; you get the added benefit of a forgiving stretch.
3. The final key to fall fashion? Cozy accessories. The infinity scarf is only getting more popular, and if you pick a black one, you’ll have a neutral accessory to pair with your ballet flats—and all of your other shoes.
Originally published on SheFinds.com