Holiday Fashion Tips
Christmas time—the time of year where men and women race to the malls to purchase presents, cards, and outfits for the many occasions they are being invited too.
It can make anyone’s head spin with the number of parties that pop up between work functions, friends and family. Each which calls for different attire.
Holiday fashions are wonderful because it’s an opportunity to become a little more playful with your personality, style, and color. This year is certainly no exception. Here are a few gems I recommend incorporating into your outfits this holiday season:
1) Add splashes of color into your outfit—while black is an easy fallback and classic, adding some fun colors will give you an edge and fashionable twist. My favorites of this season are hot pinks, bright yellows, smoldering navys, and deep plums.
2) Shine—add a touch of sparkle to each outfit, and you’ve added a touch of evening and elegance to your attire that will captivate everyone around you! Be wary of how much sparkle you add—if you have a outfit with sequins or sparkle, try and stick to metallic’s or matte accessories—otherwise you’ll be a walking disco ball.
3) Texture—this season, have fun playing mixing and matching different textures together! Play with a variety of leathers, silks, velvets and suede’s to spice up an outfit and ultimately make it pop!
4) Accessorize—Pump up any outfit with some bold accessories this holiday season! I recommend having one statement piece each outfit – it will command attention and set the mood for the rest of your attire. Generally speaking, more than one big piece at a time will leave your outfit looking crowded.
5) Playful makeup—Break out your makeup kits, because this is definitely the time to play! I love nothing better than a making a woman’s eye’s pop with makeup. Holiday parties are certainly the time to do so! The darker you make your eyes look, the more evening you become. I recommend that if you are going to dress your eye with a lot of makeup, to pair it with a nude lip.
6) Killer Heels—I love heels. I sport them everywhere. Not only do they add that extra touch of “chic” to any outfit, but they make your legs look much longer. So, if you can, add some height to your attire with your favorite heels. Can’t find ones you think are comfortable? Cole Haan makes some shoes for men and women that have Nike Airs in them. You’ll find all of the variety you’re looking for.
Still not sure what do wear this holiday season, or what works for your style, personality and coloring? Hire a personal style coach like myself and we’ll take care of everything for you while teaching you about how to style your body type specifically.
Have fun with your holiday style and enjoy being with your loved ones! Happy Holidays!
Christie Ressel, International Image Consultant and Personal Style Coach