Why just use an iPhone when you can make a statement with it? Here’s what’s crossed my path recently. Some practical … some not so practical.
1. Gilty Couture: Not known for its restraint, Gilty Couture makes collections of richy rich iPhone accessories in gold, silver, chromium, and stainless steel. The cases are surrounded by 110 hand-set Swarovski crystals and the case is engraved with a Gilty Couture logo.
The cases come in silver- and gold- plated finishes, along with chromium and stainless steel. With prices ranging from $130 to $300, they’re not exactly for a girl on a budget, but hey, we can dream, can’t we?
2. Pink Crocodile? Why not? Do you know anyone else making this saucy little statement? I like this mostly for functional reasons. The croc-embossed patent leather case is one of the classiest flip-style designs out there right now and it can be purchased here.
3. Mercedes Exclusive: If I had a GLK—the sexy new Mercedes SUV—this is how I’d let the world know about it. This white, nappa leather case, sporting transparent GLK lettering, is trimmed with “Crystallized Swarovski Elements.” When you slip in your iPhone, the light from your display is refracted through the crystals. The kaleidoscope of colors goes with everything!
Only forty of these are set for immediate production, with each set to be raffled for invited guests of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Berlin. The rest of you hard-driving fashionistas have to wait until October, when the iPhone pouch makes its official debut as part of the Mercedes GLK Collection.
4. It’s Chanel Calling: If you’re not hooked on this app yet, you will be. Check out Chanel’s Haute Couture show for loads of photography of the fall-winter couture and other useful features like an RSS news feed for us total fashion junkies. Available on iTunes.
5. Glossy App: Speaking of fashion apps, Hot Phone Hit Factory has released PMc magazine exclusively for the iPhone. The twice-monthly pub will be sold in iPhone’s Apps store for 99¢ an issue. PMc marries the look of glossy fashion magazines with interactivity. Example: you get to tear out—digitally speaking—full-page ads to store on your phone to drool over later!
6. Big Bad Bling: Imagine whipping out this diamond-studded case from designer Mathieu Cattelan of Noreve. For the most deserving iPhones, the design includes 272 diamonds for a total of 6.8 karats.
7. Gorgeous Skin: For those of us who want to travel light, these iStyles skins are the answer. They even provide basic scratch protection.
The skins feature an ultra-high resolution, full-color design printed on super durable adhesive-backed cast vinyl. All iStyles skins use a patented, repositionable, and removable adhesive backing for easy, accurate installation (and no stickum removal).
For a big effect, this two-piece kit includes coverage for the front and back of your Apple iPhone 3G. For additional snazz, each skin includes a download code for a free matching background wallpaper.
8. You Stud, You: Kind of grunge but not, this leather case is covered with don’t-mess-with-me gold and silver studs. A thin leather strap finishes off the unique piece.
9. What’s on Your Wrist? For those who don’t live for crystals—even when they’re Swarovski crystals—Nicole Miller and Prima teamed up to create these strappy jewels. I’d probably attach them to the outside of my purse but you could, of course, carry them alone. They come in raspberry, teal, or smoky blue and can be purchased here.