Here are her ten tips:
1. To dry nail polish in a hurry, spray nails with PAM Oil Spray. (Note: this really does work.)
2. Olive oil can be added to bath water for a skin softener.
3. Use witch hazel instead of toner or astringent. There is no need to dilute it, you can use its full strength. You can also rinse with a splash of apple cider vinegar after cleansing—it balances out the pH of your skin.
4. Cut back on the amount of shampoo you use. Do the same with toothpaste. The manufacturers want us to use more, so we buy more.
5. Keep your pantyhose in the freezer, and they will last longer. Remember to take it out at least thirty minutes prior to wear, so you don’t freeze your gams off.
6. For great lotion, mix one-part lotion with one-part Vaseline. It works better than plain lotion and, depending on the cost of your lotion, you can stretch its value.
7. To prevent hairpins from falling out, bend one prong in a “V” about halfway up and insert in hair. It will stay.
8. Old lipstick tubes, thoroughly cleaned, are great for purse-sized pillboxes or for pins.
9. Use hydrogen peroxide as inexpensive nail bleach.
10. For an excellent homemade facial, mix dry oatmeal and water into a paste and spread it on your face. Lie down and let it dry. Wash off with warm water.
Originally published on The Budget Fashionista