The grill is more than just the domain for chicken and steak, and grilled fruit is a terrific summertime healthy dessert option. Simply throw your chosen fruit on the grill until softened and slightly charred. The grilling process helps to draw the fruit’s natural sugars to the surface, making already sweet fruit even sweeter. Choose firm stone fruits like peaches and plums for the best grilling recipe results, although grilled pineapple is one of my personal favorite easy desserts of summer.
Convinced that grilled fruit is delicious yet? If not, give these two grilling recipes a try and you’ll soon be singing a different tune!
Grilled Apples with Raisins
Apples are one of the best fruits to put on the grill. The grilling process draws out the fruit’s natural sugars, giving the apples a crispy sweet taste. Throw something completely unique on the grill tonight—try Grilled Apples with Raisins!
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
- 4 green Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Remove the cores of apples. Do not peel.
- Mix the sugar, raisins and cinnamon together. Stuff mixture into the cored apples.
- Pack well and wrap each whole apple in aluminum foil paper. Place on coals in campfire.
- Let cook 8-10 minutes. Remove from coals, remove foil and serve
Easy Grilled Peaches
Let this recipe for Easy Grilled Peaches show you just how tasty and simple the best grilling recipes for dessert can truly be. This grilling fruit recipe turns already delicious peaches into a true culinary delight.
Cooking Time: 8 min
- 1/4 cup light canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute
- 4 large peaches, cut in half
- Blend together oil, cinnamon and sugar. Toss in peaches to coat.
- Grill peaches fruit side down, over low coals, about four minutes.
- Turn, brush with spiced oil. Grill another four minutes.
- Top with ice cream, if desired.
Originally published on FaveDiets.com