Starting your own home business is a lot of fun! As you’re getting started, you’ll want to brand your business. Branding your business is creating your company’s identity. I encourage you to take a few of the ideas below with you when you start your branding process!
- Develop a name for your business. As a home business owner, you may be gifted with the ability to create something with your hands, or you may be providing a service to others. Whatever it might be, be sure to come up with a name to start your branding process.
- Buy a domain name that represents your business. Domain names can be purchased at sites like GoDaddy.com . With today’s technology, it is a must to have a website and represent your company online.
- Purchase business cards with your company’s name. Business cards can be very inexpensive through websites like VistaPrint.com .
- Develop a fan page on Facebook with your company’s name. Facebook has over 500 Million active users. Now that’s a huge resource!
- Have a company blog. A blog is a free webpage that you can set up through sites like Blogspot.com . Your blog should be updated frequently with promotions, new products, services, and contact information.
- Outgoing email signature lines. As a business owner, you’ll be sending out emails frequently. Be sure to put your business name as well as your Facebook link, blog link, and contact information in your signature line.