There's nothing worse than finding out you have a gluten intolerance and can no longer eat any of your favorite foods. Well you could, but it's likely you'd spend the rest of your day in the bathroom hating your life. Being gluten intolerant is rough and many people don't understand that it's not a "choice," but an actual health concern. Anyone with Celiac or any type of actual gluten allergy, this one's for you. We feel your pain.
1. When you find out you have a gluten intolerance...
2. And all your stomach aches for the past few months finally make sense.
3. When you realize your favorite foods will never taste the same gluten-free.
4. For example, when you buy your first loaf of gluten-free bread and it turns into crumbs the moment you take it out of the packaging.
5. And let's not even talk about gluten-free peanut butter...
6. When you realize grabbing something to-go is the world's biggest ordeal.
7. When you tell a server you are gluten intolerant and realize they are totally judging you and think you are a liar.
8. Or when you ask what gluten-free options they have and their answer is, "I don't know."
9. Or when all the gluten-free options are freaking salads.
10. But when a restaurant has an entire gluten free menu...
11. When you become that person that's got gluten-free take out places on speed dial.
12. When you go to a wedding and can't eat any of the dessert. (Check out our recipes for Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Ice-Cream Sandwiches)
13. Every time someone asks you, "So what all can you eat?"
14. Or even worse, "When can you start eating gluten again?"
15. When you have a weak moment...
16. And then absolutely despise yourself for it.
17. When there's free food in the office, but you can't eat it.
18. When you have to bring your own booze everywhere....
19. When someone tries to comfort you by saying, "At least you are FORCED to eat healthy."
20. When you have to explain the difference between being gluten-free and having a gluten intolerance.