The true peanut butter fan knows that you can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert and never get tired of it. These 30 scrumptious recipes will show you why peanut butter truly is a glorious thing.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
This could be the ultimate flavor combination. In a recipe where you find peanut butter, you are likely to also find chocolate. They're a match made in heaven.
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream 2. Peanut Butter Cup Bark 3. Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies 4. Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies 5. Peanut Butter Cup Roll Cake 6. Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Are you the peanut butter to someone else's jelly? Peanut butter and jelly are the perfect pair! The PB & J sandwich is a classic childhood staple. However, there are many other ways to enjoy these two spreads together.
Peanut Butter and Banana
The peanut butter and banana sandwich was made famous by Elvis Presley. Whether healthy or decadent, there are numerous ways to enjoy this tasty combination.
1. Peanut Butter, Strawberry and Banana Quesadillas 2. Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites 3. Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Pops 4. Banana Cupcakes with Salted Caramel and Peanut Butter Frosting 5. Peanut Butter and Banana Dip 6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
Peanut Butter Beverages
You haven't really had peanut butter every way possible until you have enjoyed a peanut butter beverage. Chocolaty drinks and smoothies are perfect for those peanut butter fans that need a daily dose of peanut butter.
1. Layered Peanut Butter Berry Smoothie 2. Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Float 3. Peanut Butter Frozen Hot Chocolate 4. Toasted Marshmallow Peanut Butter Milkshake 5. Thick Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate 6. Peanut Butter Cup Martini
Peanut Butter Desserts
We can't forget to include peanut butter for dessert, proving once again that peanut butter is truly one of the most versatile foods out there.
1. Creamy Dreamy Peanut Butter Pie 2. Peanut Butter Buckeye Cake 3. Bite-Size Peanut Butter Pies 4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait 5. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake 6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
Eating healthy can include nut butters as a great source of protein, and most peanut butter is vegan and gluten-free. Making your own peanut butter is a great way to save money and control sugar and other additives unsually found in peanut butter. This tutorial shows just how easy it is to whip up a batch of homemade peanut butter.
Some fun peanut butter facts:
- Peanuts are not actually nuts at all! They are legumes–like beans, peas and lentils.
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
- January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA–Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- Archibutyrophobia (pronounced A'-ra-kid-bu-ti-ro-fo-bi-a) is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- The world's largest peanut butter factory makes 250,000 jars of peanut butter every day.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before graduating from high school.