Toast is a breakfast classic, but it does not have to be boring. By using your imagination and having different toppings on hand, you can create endless quick breakfasts. Being prepared with items to add to your toast is the key to quick breakfasts for back to school. Choose toppings that you know your family will love, and even throw in some new ones now and then.
Ideas for mix-and-match toast toppings for quick breakfasts:
- Poached eggs (precooked)
- Scrambled eggs (made fresh or precooked)
- Sliced cheeses (cheddar, Parmesan, Swiss)
- Soft cheeses (brie, bocconcini)
- Cream and mascarpone cheese
- Jams, jellies, and marmalade
- Nutella and a variety nut butters (almond, peanut, cashew)
- Fresh fruit, melons, and berries (prewash and slice)
- Ham, prosciutto, and precooked bacon
- Sliced chicken or turkey
- Avocado or guacamole (great recipe here)
- Salsa (easy recipe here)
- Spinach (sauteed or raw)
- Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers (fresh or roasted)
- Smoked salmon
- Buy your favorite loaves of bread, take several slices of each flavor, and then separate into freezer-friendly containers. This way you can thaw a container and have a variety of different breads for your toast for the week.
- When you buy your fruit and vegetables, prepare them for the week, and place them in separate containers. By washing and slicing your fruits and vegetables, it will be easier to grab them for breakfast and snacks throughout the day.
- For a breakfast on the run, you can make it a sandwich or try a wrap instead of toast.
- If you are looking for other ideas for how to fit in a quick and nutritious breakfast, check out this article.
- A healthy breakfast will boost your energy and help you lose weight. Check out these breakfast ideas for diet success.
For more recipe ideas, visit Bella at xoxoBella.