Love Being a Single Mom
Here’s some reason’s why it’s great to be a single mother! Don’t get me wrong … it would be nice to have someone else around to share the joys of life and parenthood, but sometimes you just gotta look at the bright side!
1. My son gets to sleep with me and we always have great conversations before we go to sleep. Just us!
2. When we want to do something, we do it. We don’t have to wait on anyone else or not so something because the other person doesn’t want to.
3. We have our little routine, but if we want to break it, we do … and nobody cares!
4. No one to fight with about the decisions I make. I pretty much get to make all the important decisions in both of our lives.
5. If we want to eat cereal for supper … we do! Nobody’s griping for meat and potatoes.
6. No hair in the sink … but ours. I don’t have to clean up after anyone but us. And my son helps me more than my ex did!
7. I don’t feel like I’m raising two children. I only have the real child who is my responsibility.
8. If I don’t want to shave my legs—I don’t!
9. Freedom to do what I want … always.
10. I can show my son how to do or fix something and he respects me for it.
11. Being able to have long phone conversations and nobody bitching or listening to every word.
12. Hanging out with my friends and family whenever I want.
13. Having the whole closet to myself.
14. Not doing another person’s laundry.
15. Nobody borrows my razor or eats what I wanted for dinner. I know its gonna be there when I get home.
16. I know what my house is going to look like when I get home … because I left it that way.
17. No one to make us late. (But us, lol.)
18. Having only to rely on myself, not needing to get angry because the trash still needs to be taken out, and no resentfulness because I have to do all the cleaning and cooking.
19. Having friends and someone not being jealous about it.
20. I can go to bed as early as I want or stay out as late (or early) as I want. Lol.
21. When there is drama I can hang up the phone or not answer.
22. My mom can come spend the night any time … and its fun not awkward.
23. And most of all: I’m happy in my own home!