Bring a new dimension and experience to your life by transforming your home with new fresh colors.
Invigorate your outdated family room and energize your dreary bedroom with one of the new color trends of the season. A fresh coat or two of paint can instantly change the mood and energy of a room.
For the past few weeks, we’ve been doing some remodeling around our house and have finally completed my tween daughter’s new bedroom. In her mind, selecting the right paint color was the most important design element of her new space. Color speaks to all of us differently and instinctively evokes the many moods within us. For my daughter, green “shades of spring” is the color that resonates with her and creates a sense of harmony and balance in her life.
When selecting paint colors for your home its imperative to know what mood you are trying to achieve, how you intend to use the space, and more importantly what colors you really love.
For thousands of years China, India, and Egypt have studied the philosophies and relationships between color and energy—in order to strike a spiritual balance in their lives.
- Has a stimulating and exciting effect.
- Is a warm and seductive color that exudes power and confidence.
- Wonderful in elegant dining rooms and as bedroom accent colors.
- Is an energizing and an invigorating warm color.
- Evokes enthusiasm, self-confidence, and creativity.
- Use as accents pillows and accessories in living areas.
- Rejuvenates and stimulates your mind, body, and soul.
- Sparks imagination and innovation.
- Epitomizes warmth and a sunny outlook to the future and is a perfect kitchen color.
- Creates a sense of balance and harmony.
- A cool nurturing color that promotes healing and regrowth.
- Beautiful for bedrooms and baths, which blends into the natural elements.
- Represents communication, reliability, peace, tranquility, and truth.
- Is an expansive color and tends to visually enlarge a space.
- Is a wonderful bedroom accent color due to its calming effect.
- Color of spirituality and intuition.
- Defines elegance and refined luxury.
- Represents a sense of power and royalty.
- Perfect color for studies, libraries, and bedrooms.
- Works beautifully with rich woods and metallics.
- Brown, gold, and grey are easy on the mind’s eye and sooth the spirit.
- Brown used in moderation inspires elegance and richness.
White and Black
- White represents simplicity, cleanliness, and vibrancy when in perfect balance.
- Black is an absorbing color and is best used as a stabilizer and anchor.
Consider the mood and energy you want to create in your space when selecting your colors!