When it comes to outfitting your home in style, there’s nothing like saving a few bucks and making something yourself. From picture frames to garlands to trendy geometric mobiles, we’ve gathered 15 functional décor items that you can use to dress up your home—all made from upcycled drinking straws. So start raiding your kitchen drawers and see what kind of cool décor you can whip up this weekend!
1. With a hot glue gun and patterned paper straws, create this adorable spring-inspired vase.
2. Craft cute wall hangings with different patterned straws and add some color to bland and boring walls.
3. Create these cute paper straw arrows in less than 15 minutes!
4. String together plastic straws to construct light weight shapes that form unique geometric mobiles like these.
5. Pick a combination of colors – fit for any festival or holiday – and make these fun DIY drinking straw garlands. This would be a great project to do with your kids.
6. Make charming straw flowers in minutes using green straws, glue and patterned paper.
7. Keep your plants contained in this cool, metallic DIY Himmeli Geometric Gem.
8. Hang your pictures in this simple DIY picture frame made with patterned paper straws.
9. These adorable drinking straw starbursts are perfect as accent pieces for your nightstand or coffee table.
10. This wreath will dress up your walls like nothing else - and it’s super affordable.
11. Gold burst wall décor is so in right now. And you can create your own using some spray painted plastic straws.
12. These pinwheel paper straws make the perfect home décor accent, and you can customize them to your style.
13. If you’re feeling super ambitious, try creating three dimensional art using straws. Yes, that’s a thing.
14. Bunting is timeless! Make your own by spray painting plastic straws and stringing them together.
15. Flatten some plastic straws and stick them together using colored duct tape. That’s how easy it is to make these unique DIY coasters.