The Tummy Tub Top Ten Reasons to Love
1. Warm. This is the key to making bath time happy and finally there is a way to achieve it! The TummyTub keeps baby upright and covered in warm water up to shoulder level instead of lying in a puddle of water on his back. The high sides of the tub keep warmth in around baby’s head, and the smaller water surface maintains the warm temperature for a good twenty minutes. A contented baby makes for easy bath time!
2. Comfortable. The Original TummyTub is a unique womb-shaped and sized bath that eases baby’s transition from a familiar, safe place to an unknown world. Bathing is stress-free because they are cradled in warm water in the reassuring fetal position. Similar to swaddling and carrying in a sling, this type of bathing promotes security and relaxation by confining the baby in a small space. Instead of the startle reflex, newborns are able to settle quickly and enjoy the water in this alternative to the standard baby bath. The resemblance of the mother’s womb in size, warmth all over the body, a sheltered/filtered environment, support from the walls and bottom, as well as sitting in a familiar fetal position, calms a baby down.. Acknowledged by midwives and pediatricians across the globe, the TummyTub is the gentle, natural choice in bathing!
3. Safe. The proven safety of the TummyTub also makes it the best choice for babies. Available since 1996, there have been no accidents or injuries reported by the millions of TummyTub users worldwide! Do not let the appearance fool you … this is no bucket! Unlike a household bucket, it has an anti-skid base and low center of gravity to prevent the tub from tipping over, is produced from completely toxin-free baby-friendly materials, and was designed without any sharp edges to harm the baby’s skin. Not to mention the curved bottom fully supports baby’s body and there is no handle to injure fingers. The TummyTub has passed every safety regulation from around the world, and is CPSIA compliant in the US. Additionally, it has been used in neonatal and maternity wards all over the world! The weight of the baby and the water make this a super sturdy bathtub that will not slide or tip, and a single hand under the chin easily keeps the young infant’s head above water. Like with all bathtubs, to prevent drowning never leave an infant alone and keep one hand on baby at all times.
4. Quality. The TummyTub is the original patented upright baby bath tub used in Europe by millions of babies. Designed by a Dutch mother in conjunction with midwives, pediatricians, ob-gyns, and nurses, extensive planning and testing went into the development of the TummyTub. The unique dimensions, attractive design, and quality materials make it a superior product even compared to similar tubs on the market. Produced in Belgium under ethical working conditions, the TummyTub is made of the highest quality food-grade polypropylene. It has also won prestigious awards around the world for its innovative and effective design, and has been featured on national television programs such as the Today Show, Fox & Friends, The Doctors, and several local news networks. Endorsed by healthcare professionals from around the globe, the TummyTub is truly the best invention for babies in decades!
5. Value. The TummyTub is a multiple purpose product that provides incredible value for the price! For the first six months of life, the TummyTub is a gentle means of relaxing your baby beyond just practical bathing. It eliminates having to invest in a bacteria absorbing foam cushion for your newborn, followed by a bulky, uncomfortable infant tub, and then an often unsafe and difficult to use toddler bath ring. The TummyTub is the only bathtub required from newborn through toddlerhood! Being in an upright position and able to sit, babies are content to stay in the TummyTub much longer than the average 6-7 months they can stay flat on their back in an infant tub. As babies grow into toddlers they love using their own personal hot tub and can stand for washing and sit back down again. Even two year olds up to thirty-five pounds can safely fit in the TummyTub and enjoy it. Whether using the TummyTub for relaxation, washing, or toy storage in the following years, there is no other baby tub that offers so many options!
6. Convenient. Ease of use is an important factor, and the TummyTub is easy to carry with ergonomic handgrips, is lightweight even when full, and versatile on any countertop, sink, big bath tub, or floor. Bathing your baby at a comfortable level requires no leaning and is easy on your back! Unlike bulky baby tubs, the compact TummyTub will store easily in any closet or under the sink. It’s super easy to travel with as well!
7. Green. The TummyTub is the ultimate green choice in bathing! It conserves water—requiring only 1.3 gallons of water on average, approx. 2 1/2 gallons less than conventional baby baths. It saves energy- with the smaller surface space, water stays warmer, longer, and less energy is required to heat the water. Made out of eco-friendly materials, the TummyTub is fully recyclable and produced in Belgium where environmental standards are high. It is incredibly durable and has many uses beyond a tub. The TummyTub can be used as toy storage, an ice bucket, a planter, washing the car, a toy…possibilities are endless! Unlike other baby tubs, this is one that will not end up in a landfill!
8. Therapeutic. From crying to calm in seconds! The TummyTub goes beyond just a practical bath tub and provides amazing health benefits for babies suffering from gas and colic, and extra reassurance to premature babies who left the womb too early. The TummyTub has also been known to help babies and toddlers with special needs and sleeping problems. Covered in warm water in the comfortable fetal position babies are relieved of pain and able to completely relax and de-stress. Used in combination with massage it helps stimulate proper digestion and eliminates gas. Pediatricians in Germany prescribe the TummyTub for colic symptoms and they are even covered by health insurance! The TummyTub works wonders during those fussy periods in the evening to calm babies down. It is also the perfect tub for diaper rash soaking and a little peppermint or lavender oil will help clear baby’s sinuses from a cold. It is the ideal way to bathe feverish babies because it keeps the water warm and covering the baby. An older toddler who is sick and not wanting to take a bath will hardly refuse her TummyTub! Across the globe, infant massage groups utilize the TummyTub as a relaxing cool down after class!
9. Options. Many choices make bath time a fun and personalized experience! The TummyTub is available in four attractive colors: Clear (only completely transparent baby tub available), Green Tint, Sparkling Blue, and Sparkling Pink. The TummyTub Stool/Stand provides the possibility of bathing in any room in the house and allows the parent to sit while bathing the baby, thus preventing backache and making it easy on the knees. The stand is multi- purpose in that it can later be used as a stepping stool with two levels for your child as they get older to get up to the bathroom sink and toilet. It can also be used as a storage device for little bathroom items. Just recently some Irish midwives have spotted another use for it – they say it is good as a foot stool for breastfeeding mothers to raise their knees while feeding their baby. The stand is available in 3 bright colors to liven up the bathroom: Two-Tone Pink, Two-Tone Blue, and Green Multi (looks like a gorgeous flower petal). Bathing a baby has never been so beautiful!
10. Bonding. From dreaded chore to incredible bonding experience! Seeing your new baby curled up in the adorable fetal position blissfully staring off into space is priceless. Not to mention the transparent walls of the tub allow for some amazing photo ops! The TummyTub allows you to visualize the way your baby was inside the womb, or see your twins nestle up together! It’s a wonderful way to relive the experience as a new mom or see it firsthand as a dad, adoptive parent, or grandparent. For all these reasons, TummyTub can truly claim to be second best (we wouldn´t dare to call our design the best, as the mothers womb is undisputed), it is nearly as nice as mommy’s tummy!