Valentine’s Day Dollar Store Goody Ideas
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and here are some inexpensive ideas for classroom trinket gifts beyond boxes of conversation hearts (though they are pretty tasty). Most of the items can be found at dollar stores or involve inexpensive grocery items:
- Vroom, vroom: Attach a note saying, “Racing to wish you a great Valentine’s Day” to a small diecast car. These cars are often sold in multipacks at dollar stores, and name brand individual cars are often on sale at grocery stores.
- Beauty bonus: Divvy up packs of scrunchies, barrettes, or little bows into small organza bags with a tag stating, “It would be HAIRraising if you weren’t my Valentine.” This would also work with a hairband. Most of these items are sold in multiples, so one pack can yield a few gifts.
- Rub it out: Get erasers of different colors and sizes. Place them in a baggie with the following sentiment: “It would be a MISTAKE to not be your Valentine.” Kids adore erasers!
- Footsies: Bundle pair of socks with curling ribbon with a note, such as, “SOCK it to me, Valentine!”
- Drink it up: A water bottle or cup filled with powdered drink mixes would be an inexpensive gift if the store brand drink mix is used, and the cups are purchased in bulk. Or for a cold weather treat, fill a mug with packets of hot cocoa mix. Cups and mugs could be decorated with an array of materials.