Welcome Back Feathered Friends
It’s been unseasonably warm. And Springy. And just all around happy in these parts.
And the robins are back!
My mom and I always celebrate the first spring robin we spot. (My husband likes to make fun of it, but it’s a grand tradition.) Spotting a spring robin totally calls for a phone call and a gleeful thirty minute conversation.
It’s not the bird really. It’s the meaning behind the little red-breasted bird.
You know what it is proof of?
Winter has almost lost it’s grip on us.
(Cue Gospel Choir Singing Hallelujah Chorus)
Things That I Won’t Miss About Winter:
- Old Messy Snow. (November/December snow is Fantastic. March snow is dreadful.)
- Dressing 4 Boys in bulky coats, hats, and mittens
- Unpredictable travel plans.
- The “Winter Yucks” (Illnesses that seem to pass around November, now.)
- Twenty-four out of thirty days of cloudiness in a month
- Dark-colored clothing
- Cabin fever
What are you most looking forward this spring? What will you miss the least?
Originally published on 4tunate