What Are Your Fertility Signs to Determine Ovulation?
What are some of the fertility signs that you can use to identify your most fertile days of the months and days you ovulate to increase your chances of conception.
- Basal Body Temperature (BBT)
- Cervical Fluid
Basal Body Temperature:
Your BBT is a fertility sign that will help you pinpoint your ovulation day.
It’s recommended that you take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed. For the best results, aim to do this at the same time every day.
- Your BBT is your waking temperature recorded with a BBT thermometer.
- Take your BBT BEFORE getting out of bed.
- Your BBT rises after ovulation. The rise can be about 0.4 degrees F (0.2 degrees C) but may be smaller or greater.
- BBT or accurate digital thermometers are available at most pharmacies and drugstores.
- Is the fluid produced by the crypts of your cervix
- Can also be called Cervical Mucus (CM)
- Can change throughout your menstrual cycle depending on your fertility status
- Can be found on toilet tissue when you go to the bathroom
- It can be slippery and like raw egg-whites when you are the most fertile
Types of Cervical Fluid:
- Dry or sticky after menses
- Creamier (lotion-like) as ovulation starts to approach
- Slippery and stretchy like egg-whites during your most fertile days before ovulation
- Can dry up after ovulation.
You can use these fertility signs to help you find out your fertile days. You can use online Ovulation Calendars. FertilityTies.com offers one for free to record them and help you determine ovulation. Many Doctors recommend to also use an Ovulation Predictor Kit which you can buy at any pharmacy.
For more information you can visit FertilityTies