We can be as clueless about money as Michael Scott is clueless about... well, everything. Here are 19 times the lovable but cringe-worthy boss from The Office described exactly how we feel about making, spending, and saving money.
1. When that paycheck hits your bank account
Suddenly you're in the upper class, amongst the Beyoncés and the Britneys. And you're so ready to show it off.
2. When you blow your entire paycheck a day after you got it
Me: "I'm going to save it this time."
Also me: "I just got paid, wanna go shopping?"
3. When you try to convince yourself that you can handle your own money
Mom, seriously, I don't need that junior bank account anymore.
4. When someone is trying to explain credit or a 401K to you
On second thought, let's keep that junior account just in case.
5. When you get money for your birthday/Christmas
Nothing beats opening a card and pretending like you don't notice the money while you read the heartfelt words first.
6. When your friends tell you that you don't have money to buy shots for everyone at the bar
Who are you to tell me what I can and can't buy?!
7. ... And when you realize the next morning that you did indeed buy shots for everyone
Dammit, not again, you ignorant slut.
8. When both your and your BFF's bank accounts get low on funds
What happens when you can't spot each other for McDonald's or gas anymore?
9. When someone brags about how much money they have
Oh, really? You just bought new Nikes and a Kate Spade purse? Please, tell me more.
10. When you can't even afford to get the guac at Chipotle
What's a burrito bowl without guacamole? Sadness.
11. When you consider a new profession because you aren't making enough money as is
Is it too late for magician school?
12. ...And you maybe even consider becoming a porn star
Because, in case you didn't know, top-tier porn stars make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
13. When you check your bank account expecting $300 and finding $3.67
*checks transaction history*
*all food purchases*
14. When you're telling your friends what it's like to be broke
The worst thing about being broke is the dementors.
15. When you don't feel like paying rent
Utilities, school, car payments, doctor's appointments... The responsibilities add up fast.
16. When your paycheck is bigger than you thought it'd be
You better cash that ASAP as possible.
17. When you finally have money to go out to eat
Let's hit up the O.G. (Olive Garden, of course.)
18. When you go on a shopping spree after that direct deposit hits
We can only dream of having as much swag as Michael Scott.
19. And finally, when you're completely out of money