If I ever have to go back to working in an office, I will be able to put some unique skills onto my resume that come only from working from home:
- Can wedge herself into the closet during conference calls to drown out noise from fight over the Wii going on in the next room.
- Can return urgent text messages with one hand and unstick zippers, pour juice or open Girl Scout cookie boxes with the other.
- Can write coherent paragraphs while shouting, “Leave him alone!” between sentences.
- Can come up with clever quotes for media interviews while driving mini-van full of boys singing “Batman Smells” to soccer practice.
- Can find that contract, if you just give her a minute, unless it’s after school, in which case, she’ll look for it after Cub Scouts.