Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Makes 16 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1 package (2-layer size) red velvet cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- BEAT 2 ounces cream cheese and sour cream in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add egg whites and cake mix; mix well. Pour into 2 (9-inch) round pans sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 min.; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- MEANWHILE, beat remaining cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar with mixer until well blended. Refrigerate.
- FILL and frost cake layers with frosting.