The Law of Attraction simply states “like attracts like.” According to the theory, this means that our current situation is a result of the thoughts and feelings we have each day. So, in other words, that means if you have a lot of debt, it’s probably because you constantly think and worry about your debt rather than focus on becoming wealthy. Apply this same principal to losing weight, dating, and landing your ideal job.
The famous book The Secret describes humans as magnets that attract back whatever thoughts are “put out” into the universe. Therefore, if you are looking to change something in your life, all you have to do is change your thoughts and feelings. Beware: thinking about what you don’t want will give you just that. The Law of Attraction does not know the difference between good and bad thoughts. Rather, it gives you what you are thinking about.
So, how can you use the Law of Attraction in your job search?
- Pay attention to how you are feeling to ensure you are thinking positively.
- If you are feeling discouraged, think about what you are thankful for to shift your thoughts back to the positive. In Jack Canfield’s words, “Energy flows where attention goes.”
- Believe and feel that you can get your dream job. Imagine it, think about it, and talk about it.
- Don’t talk or think about NOT getting a job.
- Make sure your thoughts and actions are aligned with what you want. For example, saying you want job x, but feeling and thinking that the economy is too terrible for you to ever get it will not work.
- Believe in yourself even when others don’t.
- If you don’t get a job you interview for, think of it as a good thing. This means that it wasn’t the right job for you and that the right job is coming. You will find out why down the road.
- Believe and think that there are more than enough great jobs to go around rather than assume there are not enough.
- Be aware of your intuition.
- Write down what you want in a position, and read it daily to keep your specific goal top of mind.
Although this might seem like a tall order, I think you will find that the more you start to think positively, the more good things will come. From there, changing your thought patterns will become more natural. Good luck!
By Nicole Crimaldi of WomenCo.